WHAT IT IS:
Get Your Mojo On is a completely unique and one of a kind support group. I am unaware of any other online group offering what this group offers. While I have specific content that gets delivered to each group, it is not a pre-packaged program. I decide each morning what to post based on the pace and needs of the group. It is highly interactive and I am there every day of the week for the full 3 months to educate, support and inspire you. I am there to hold you accountable, to help you problem solve, to help you fine tune your approach, to encourage you to try new approaches, to notice where the old "diet mentality" is getting in the way, and to celebrate your victories. Most importantly, I am there to help you find a new relationship with your cells based on communication, love and compassion. From this place of compassion, you will begin to see all information as good information, and the more information you have about what your cells need and how they respond, the better decisions you can make to achieve sustainable vibrant health.
* It is a set up as a secret Facebook group. That means education, inspiration, accountability, support and your own cheerleading team are accessible 24/7 for three months, regardless of time zone.
* We honor confidentiality within the group and it is a 100% safe and judgement free zone.
We will begin with a prep week and then follow it with 21 days of following Mark Hyman MD's Eat Fat, Get Thin protocols. After that, each person can choose to stay with those protocols or try adding in other foods to see how their body responds - this may or may not include dairy. I help each person find their individual sweet spot on an paleo/keto continuum.
If you are a vegetarian or pescatarian, I will also send you a copy of Dr Will Cole’s keto*tarian book and have you follow a plant based menu plan. Eating meat is not required to be successful with a ketogenic lifestyle. Fish oil and Marine Collagen are encouraged.
* Our work will be based on a solid, healthy and nutrient dense Paleo/Ketogenic philosophy. That means eating a diet rich in vegetables, nuts, seeds, low sugar fruits, meats, eggs, fish and a focus on getting enough healthy fats. We will not be eating grains, processed foods, or sugar. Dairy is eliminated during the first 3 weeks, as noted above, and I then give very specific instruction on how to test if your body tolerates dairy well. Some of the group will remain dairy free and some of the group will add it back in. Check out my Instagram feed @vtmojo for a peek at how we will be eating. I promise meals are delicious!
* You will be provided with meal plans and shopping lists for first 3 weeks. After that you will learn how to make your own meal plans and shopping lists from a few different templates that will be provided.
* I will teach you my "Freestyle Method" of creating meals in under 15 minutes. You will learn how to plan for a weekly prep session that will make all of your meals so much easier - many will become 5 minute meals.
*You will get guidance every step of the way.
*Everyone will be encouraged to get involved on our page. Each morning I start things off with a daily topic post. I also begin 4 accountability threads each day for members to share their Fabulous Food Pics, Meaningful Movement, Sweet Self Care and Celebrations & Shifts. I participate in all of the conversations and try to respond in the same day unless something was posted after my bedtime.
* You will receive LOTS and LOTS of recipes. Detailed menus, recipes and shopping lists are provided for the first three weeks. After that lots of other recipes are shared within the group and I also have a private Pinterest Board for the group that has over 770 recipes in 22 categories (so far! I add to this almost daily). There you can find everything from how to make amazing fat bombs to dairy free and keto Superbowl recipes!
* You will receive video tutorials on topics the group has interest in. I am always open to creating new ones to meet the needs of the group.
* You will receive periodic emails with things like blank templates, recipes and printables.
* You will learn how to create your very own self care menu. (You will love these!) This is one of my very favorite parts of the group. I help you realize that self care is always available to you no matter how busy you are or how much money you have. We break down the barriers we create to thinking we don't have the time and resources and create new habits that bring a sense of peace and can help you to have better sleep, less stress and optimized metabolism. It is truly life changing.
* We will discuss classic challenges like going out to eat and going on vacation. There is no 3 month period in the year that does not have challenges like birthdays, anniversaries, BBQs, holidays, parties, vacations. This next session will take you thru traditionally food laden days like the Superbowl, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Passover and Easter! In order for your lifestyle changes to be sustainable, it is so important to go through these challenges with support. I give members several options of how to approach these days and there is no wrong way.
* Everyone will set up their own tracking system based on what resonates best for them. We will review all of the benefits of creating your own story of success with a paper tracker as well as looking at digital formats (apps) that some members love. We will work through the resistance many people bring to the group on this topic and breakdown what old limiting beliefs those perceptions are based on so that you can create a method that helps you reach all of your goals.
* You will get lists of my favorite products and resources to support a healthy new lifestyle. I dive in to experts to follow, podcasts, books, cookbooks, and great healthy products to support your goals.
* You will get links to great recommendations on everything from blogs to online guided meditations and workouts.
* It will be an organic experience in the truest sense of the word. THIS IS NOT A PRE-PACKAGED PROGRAM.
* There will be no counting calories! Weighing or measuring typically only happens when it's following a recipe, but once we are into eating keto, I will introduce how to determine macros so that you can get a better sense of how your body responds to different ratios. Tracking ratios can offer invaluable insights to how your body responds, but we use it as a tool, not a daily requirement.
* You will learn how to make nutrient dense choices that convert your metabolism from burning sugar for fuel to burning fat for fuel.
* You will learn to start tuning into your body's cues. Once we eliminate sugar and grains and you will be amazed at how much easier it is to learn how to listen to the communication your cells are giving you. Once you learn this process, eating becomes incredibly fun and intuitive.
* You will be reprogramming your genes for weight loss and optimal health.
* I will share all of the tips that have helped me lose 42 lbs and made all of my autoimmune and SIBO symptoms disappear. (FYI - this is NOT a SIBO diet, but I lost all previous symptoms eating this way) I feel at least 20 years younger. I cannot actually recall ever feeling this good in my adult life and all of my lab results tell the same story. All of my medical markers are in ideal and optimal ranges for the first time ever, and I no longer get severe respiratory infections every winter.
* Every member is encouraged to see a doctor before beginning any new dietary program especially if you have any sort of medical condition that needs to be monitored. When people make radical dietary changes it can effect their need for medications so it is your responsibility to be communicating with your doctor. I am here to be your coach, not a medical provider.
* When the group ends, all content will be archived and you will still have access to it. You will also still have access to the ever expanding Get Your Mojo On Pinterest Board.
* You will get out of this group as much as you put into it. Weight loss (if desired, some join group with no weight to lose and that is fine too), decreased inflammation, better sleep, improved mental clarity, new self care habits and a overall sense of well being are all side effects.
* Every member will receive a copy of Mark Hyman's Eat Fat, Get Thin upon enrolling in the group, unless you already own a copy.
* Every member has access to a private phone consultation with me.
* Cost - $575 for 3 months. Repeat members get a $200 discount. Message me to take advantage of that offer. The nest session begins on Jan.28th and ends o April 28th. It is perfectly fine if you have a vacation planned during this time. Working with all of the distractions that come up is a big part of the group.
* Contact me through private Facebook message (Maureen Halnon Wheeler or It's All Connected Natural Health & Living) or the contact page on my website if you would like to join or have questions.